Foodunnitt: Having fun with food!January 9, 2017
No Pick, No Pop Please!January 10, 2017
You are done with cooking? Bored of eating the same recipes again and again or it’s just an hobby to eat outside home in beautiful ambiance? Or you crave for the best part of eating outside home- no clean ups after you have gobbled your food. Aah! there are various exciting reasons to eat outside. By the way making interesting Instagram stories is one of them these days. Ain’t it? But does it cross your mind how much of a harm you are causing yourself by not paying attention to simple things while dining out? Other than the tasty food, you are offered food allergies, chemical laden recipes, reheated stale food etc and etc. Of course one can’t give up eating out abruptly and completely but yes one can be aware, right?
You can make your dining experience all the more divine while keeping in mind the following. Mark my words your body will thank you for it. Ready for the tips? Read on-
- Don’t drink THAT water. Everywhere you go they serve you tap water containing harmful, heavy metal toxins. Cheap filtering methods don’t do much to ward the contamination off. Order for packaged drinking water. Request it to be unsealed before you.
- Have you been eating the cut onions and that ‘tasty’ pickle from beautiful looking vessels? They are worse than you can imagine! Firstly you don’t know how old it is, secondly when was the last time they washed the containers and refilled it? You aren’t able to finish these complimentary stuff, so where does these leftover onions/ mirchis/ pickle go? Next Table! Refilled and redecorated! And never replaced/ thrown or replaced. Avoid them.
- The desserts mostly contains cancer causing corn syrup as the sweetener. Instead get out of the hotel and have that simple meetha paan, kashmiri saunf or carry the delicious dark chocolate around in your bag to satiate the sweet craving after dinner.
- That fried food you ordered was fried in the oil used umpteen times. Smell it if need be or ask them specifically to use fresh oil to fry. Or Yes there is a better option! Cleanly refrain from ordering that deep fried chicken! Instead go for tandoori options and do mention ‘less oil, less salt’ to the order taker. Thus ensuring that they are making fresh food for you.
- Always make sure to ask whether the restaurant serves whole food options. The roti you ordered is made of pure- Maida. Yes you read it right! Ask for whole wheat, brown rice and similar grains. As the awareness is increasing the hotels are taking efforts to serve various options. Choose wisely!
Check restaurant reviews, menus, ingredients et al before heading out to dine. Ask friends and family to recommend best dining options. Also use various apps available to find the best dining options in and around your city. Read those reviews, see the pictures, smell the food, be aware of what you are putting inside your mouth. Knowledge is power. Only if you put it to good use. Happy Dining!