Walk Your Way into Better Health with NONINovember 28, 2016
5 Indian Chefs Ruling the WorldNovember 29, 2016
The onset of winter is synonymous to chilly winds, warm and colorful clothes and some extraordinary dishes. It is, however, also synonymous to a lot of skin problems. Dry and itchy skin is very common in winters. There are several reasons as to why this happens:-
- The chilly winds break the barrier that protects our skin
- The cold air also lacks sufficient moisture that is required for the skin.
- The sun always emits harmful UV rays. Even though we like the warmth provided by the sun in the winters, the harmful UV rays are always there.
- The continuous use of soap and hot water is also a contributing factor.
But it’s alright. You don’t have to get worried. There are some very effective homemade remedies that will solve all these problems easily. Instead of spending big amounts at your dermatologist, spend little on these remedies and you’ll have some amazing results.
- Milk Cream: – Milk has some stunning healing properties. The presence of lactic acid and caprylic acid maintains the pH of our skin. It works like an amazing moisturizing agent and is highly recommended.
- Olive oil: – Olive oil is a natural moisturizer. It can also act as a cleanser and carry out deep cleansing of the skin pores. It also prevents further damage to the dry skin. It has Vitamin E and Vitamin A which are antioxidants. They reduce wrinkles and fine lines.
- Yogurt: – Also a milk product yogurt is rich in proteins and minerals. It too contains lactic acid which removes dry dead skin. According to a research, yogurt boosts our immune system. It cures itchy skin as well and brings back our natural beauty.
- Avocado oil: – Avocado oil also contains Vitamin E. It protects our skin from the damage caused due to the pollution and dust particles. It forms a protective layer over our skin and stops the exposure of our dry skin. It also increases collagen production. It helps to regenerate skin cells and reduces dry or damaged skin.
- Oatmeal: – Oatmeal has numerous health benefits which are known to us, but there are some benefits that you may not be aware of. Oatmeal, soaked in water and applied to the skin can solve many skin related problems. It prevents itching and heals all the cracks that are caused by dryness. It brings back your natural glow.
These remedies are very useful and they can solve all your skin related problems that you will face this winter. They will make your skin prettier and healthier. So brace yourselves with all these remedies because you might have heard the famous saying ‘Winter is coming’.